Sunday, August 5, 2018

Strong. Independent.You.Are

My strong, independent persona is deeply rooted to my past learning and present realizations. It is not always due to impulse nor pride but more of, "I have learned my lesson." 

I decide based on experiences and other people's knowledge of what might go right or wrong if I do this or that. The question I always ask myself is, " What is the right thing to do?" at the moment. And more often than not, I am led to the most epic of life's highlights.

You see, all my life I have given full attention and importance to other people's opinion or instruction. It has always been a wait-and-see if he/she agrees. I have acknowledged other's lives and end up waiting for nothing.

Maybe that is why, as I age, I want to make this more about me and what I want to do than what he/she might have to say. Selfish others might see it; but as long as I feel good about something and not becoming a burden, I think I am in the right mind to do things that I want to do. 

Even walking in the rain, or going out when the weather is bad seems looked with a questioning face of, "Are you serious?". Most probably, it is because the general population, or the normal minds, would rather stay in bed and do the usual. Oh well, the last time I checked, I am a deviant.

Maybe, just maybe, I am tired of hearing other people's opinion or waiting for them to act out with me. Maybe, I had enough of procrastinations, assumptions and negativity that I now prefer to surround myself with good vibes. 

At some point, there is a downside to this mentality, but I want to look at it with optimism and a brave heart. I am not strong and independent for a minute reason, I am who I am because I believe that life should be spent not totally to please others, instead, to make the most out of what you are offered.

So the next time you are told - "It's not enjoyable to go out on a rainy day!", by all means go! And say, I used to enjoy getting wet when I was a child, and I still have that child in me at heart.

Or when somebody stops you from trying something out of the ordinary, keep in mind that life is a big adventure, and only those who really try, lives.

Or when you are thrown with a look of weirdness for throwing a party for others on your birthday, never mind and continue touching other people's lives. It is not every day when you are given the opportunity to help out.

And most importantly, when ifs and what ifs hinder you from going somewhere, plan and take your essentials with you, and if it so happens that no one wants to accompany you, still continue; along the way, you'll meet the right people who have the same interest as you.

Believe me, it feels so right to accomplish something on your own. ;)



NOTE: This is an output made in a nearby cafe under the light rain; and in between sips of warm lemon juice. Thus, the picture. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment